farmville sucks...

If there is one thing I absolutely loath about Facebook it is Farmville... I don't like most of the other games on Facebook, but not near as much as I hate Farmville
I would rather give up my left testicle if there were a choice between it and playing Farmville again.
Just one quick confession on that note though: I did play Farmville for about a month, but all that this means is that my hate is even more justified.


My name is Charlie & I was an addict. I played Farmville and MobWars and it took over my life. I would spend up 5 hours a day playing these games and would be upset if i missed out on my daily fix. Fortunately I came to my senses one day and deleted every crap game I was playing on Facebook. I blocked every notification from these apps and am better off for it.

I came across an article on Forbes.com about Farmville's expansion to their own website and to MSN. In the article, it mentions that Farmville has over 76 million monthly users! If Farmville users had a country they would be the 17th largest in the world. It would also have a $100 million income. That is how much the developers, Zynga, made last year. Admittedly they have other games, but none nearing the success of Farmville. And companies such as Kwedit which help you get virtual money on games without a credit card.

Even worse is the fact that legit news sites are even reporting when Farmville adds new features. I did a search and came up with a couple of examples to illustrate the point.
- Showbiz Gossips
- Times Asia

I also know that I am not the only one who hates it; a couple of my Facebook friends have made that pretty obvious: 

- Dear Facebook Apps Addict, Let me tell you something you already know..... I HATE Facebook Apps. you can EFF right off with your GAWD DAMN INVITES! Kind retards. Pete 

- Eddible will start playing Farmville when I can clone sheep, raise velociraptors and grow Triffids.

When I asked for peoples opinions, the one that stood out was:

I get the obsession with FV though I don't play it myself. It's annoying as all hell for those who don't!!! But there's something relaxing about it I guess. It could probably be considered an "artist brain activity" (google julia cameron's "the artists way" to understand what I mean). I do however think it's kind of dangerous to spend that much ... See more time on something like that, next thing you look and two hours have passed!! (although I get into conversations sometimes that result in the same thing...so possibly there's no difference....) 

It's kinda true, but I still don't think it justifies it. The next couple of links are possibly extreme but who is to say you won't get that way. The links show way Farmville affects our real life relationships.


- FML.com 
- Farmvillians (Lamebook.com)
- Framedville (Lamebook.com)

But my opinion is just that, an opinion. All I ask is that you seriously look at your "farm" in the big picture and ask yourself: "What am I gaining out of this?" Other that pissing us off with  all the flipping notifications!


For those of you who are with me on this already, consider joining this group on Facebook. Maybe your Farmville-ing friends will get the message at least
0 Responses

Try my search engine out!

Custom Search